Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Its the little things

You don't realize how lucky you are until a single moment snaps in front of you. Nothing bad happened (thank goodness!) but I just had such a lovely evening! It started out like every other evening does... come home from work, go to the gym and then make dinner for Rich and I. As usual when I leave the office, I call my mom to check in. (I am SUCH a good daughter... and very modest too.) She says that our favorite flavor of frozen yogurt is back at Go Yogurt! (YEAH!!!!!). She also tells me that a gift arrived for our wedding. So she wants to know if Rich and I would like some frozen yogurt after dinner and she will bring over the gift. So I call mom after dinner and she and my dad come over (did I mention that Rich and I bought a home in the same neighborhood as my parents? And when I say the same neighborhood, I mean I can see their house from my backyard!). What I thought was going to be a 5-10 minute visit turned into an hour and a half. And I could not have been happier. It wasn't that we had this wonderful conversation, but just to be around my daddy, my mom and Rich all gathering in the backyard on a lovely summer evening to enjoy some frozen yogurt and the company was just a little moment that I can take with me forever. Thanks mom and dad. I love you.

1 comment: